Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Family

Well today is going to be my first day on the job...YAY I'm so excited.

The other salon...i went in and didn't feel "at home" there so i didn't do anything.

But i wanted to talk about how good God has been to me, because in the bible it tells us to talk about our blessings to one another.

I started looking back on my past and remembering all the pain, suffering, laughs, anger, excitement, joy, etc. God has been so good to me to bless me with a wonderful family ( and don't think I'm trying to suck up to them because none of them read my blog lol). A family that even at times I'm guessing they are just counting down the days till i move out lol, but they have been wonderful to me. Not like we don't have arguments, but we have formed a strong bond between each other.

When Dad left us, my mum, sis, bro were so upset but me i don't even remember getting upset. And i remember thinking that i must not have had a heart because i just kept going on with my life. But looking back i see how God used that time to build me up to be the second parent. And that's what i have been for my whole life really, when i was round 7, i had to be able to do housework, cook,clean and not because mum was making me but dad was. He would always say to me "Sarah do this for mum" but when mum came home he would pretend he did it all lol. Don't think I'm complaining but that what it was like for me when dad was around.

I remember that when he left, i felt as though i had a life, i was just entering my teenage years and because dad wasn't around i was able to relax after walking home from school, i could watch TV, i would cook/bake not cos he told me to but cos i wanted to etc

This whole lifestyle was so good to me. But yet he is still my Dad. How can one man make me feel like that? weird but i look back and it makes me laugh how good God has been for me. He blessed me by letting me be born into a loving, Christian mothers arms. And i thanks him everyday, that he gave me such a great mother, sister and brother.

God bless you all, and think about how much your family mean to you.

No comments: