Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Light of the World


On Sunday night, I took a group of my youth to the New Hope Baptist Church.


It was a great night. I was so happy with the way my kids were louder than the whole church lol. Anyways, the preacher I think his name is Dan. Talked on how we are the light of the world.


Because we live in a world that needs transformation. We need to remember that God tells us that we are the light of the world.


I heard a quote from a movie (forgotten what it is lol) "In the darkest room, even a little light can brighten it up". that got to me because there are so many times that we are so scared to open our mouths and talk about God. But even when we are surrounded by darkness we still shine.


Gods heart is breaking for the lost people. What are we going to do about it?


One thing that I was really surprised with was, when I first came to Macleod I noticed that most of the kids didn't listen in the sermons/when I spoke in strike etc. But last night one of my girls mentioned in a prayer that we need to be the light of the world.


This really helped me because even in times where you can feel as though your not making a difference, God makes something stand out to you for you to know that you are. Does that make sense?


Anyway Matthew 5:14-16


"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven."

No comments: