Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Living for the Glory of God

I was reading today (a lot), and started to think about living for Jesus. there is a lot of times in my life that i have met people who say they are living for God so i was just wondering what they do in order to do that...

do they live a holy life?
do they grow closer and closer to Jesus everyday?
do they pray, not just everyday but every minute of every day?
do they read and study their bibles?
do they live a life of worship to Jesus?

these are just some questions that were flying through my mind...

I was in really deep thought last night (which makes James theory correct, he thinks my mind only starts thinking deeply at night lol) and a couple of people have mentioned to me that they think I'm really an extreme christian. And it got me thinking because i look at my self and i don't see it...I always see myself as someone who could be better. I never want to get to one stage of my life and think "OK, I'm finally there, I'm extreme" because once we think that we are there, we stop growing closer to Jesus. because we say to ourselves we don't need to pray again today, or read our bibles etc. then before we know it we are not hearing God's voice.

So it gets me back to the start of this blog, we all need to be trying to get better and better with Jesus, live a holy life, free of sin. None of this, oh ill stop the party theme but still gossip with my best friend, or ill stop drinking but ill still dirty dance etc

That's silly, you might as well say that you'll buy the t-shirt minis the material...you'll get no where. So before people think God's not talking to me or He's not telling me anything lets first look at our lives and see where WE need to change it. Then repent for our sins and be holy.

DO IT!!! Live your WHOLE life for Jesus and stop SINNING!!!

1 comment:

Evangelist for Christ said...

Hey gday, i dont no you and i know u havent blogged 4 a wile so i dont no when u will get this, but hey great blog aye, i thought about those questions myself lately. Which led me to fast the internet (minus blogger and email) and ive seen God become my top priority again. top blog!